Located in Virginia’s Northern Neck, St. Paul’s Catholic Church has been a mission church since 1894. Land for the building of a church was donated by John and Annie Crabbe on January 24, 1894. Local area Catholics donated supplies and volunteered their time in order to build the original church building as well as a road to the church. At that point in time, priests came from Maryland by boat to conduct Sunday Mass services at St. Paul’s Mission.
In 1923, St. Paul’s original church building was remodeled with an addition to better serve the growing congregation. It was re-dedicated on June 15, 1924. In 1965, a church hall was built at St. Paul’s. Unfortunately, the original church became infested by termites and had to be destroyed in 1982. The church hall has since been used as a temporary place in which to worship. In 2008 land was purchased off Colespoint Rd for the future site of a new church.
St. Paul’s Catholic Mission
Rev. Michael Orlowsky, Pastor
Rev. Richard Mullins, Parochial Vicar
Mailing & Rectory Address
811 Long Point Road
Hague, VA 22469
See Directions for Church Address